Monday, June 27, 2022
HomeNewsCongo declares new Ebola outbreak after man dies, WHO says

Congo declares new Ebola outbreak after man dies, WHO says

0
(0)

Bloomberg — The Democratic Republic of Congo has declared an outbreak of Ebola after a 31-year-old man in Mbandaka, in the northwestern province of Equateur, was found to be infected.

The man began experiencing symptoms on April 5 and on April 21 was admitted to an Ebola treatment center for intensive care, but succumbed to the virus later that day. Investigations have begun into the source of the outbreak, the World Health Organization said in a statement on Saturday.

“Time is not on our side,” said Matshidiso Moeti, WHO Regional Director for Africa. “The disease had a two-week head start and we are now playing catch-up.”

The epidemic is the third in the province since 2018 and the 14th in Congo since 1976.

More Must-Try Stories from TIME


contact us at [email protected]

gb7

If you have any query regarding content, please comment below. Thanks

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments