HOUSTON – A local business owner said one minute she was living it up for her birthday, and the next she said she was suffering from bizarre symptoms.
Now, the woman is using the incident to warn others.
“I could’ve died. I have my children and my husband,” said Erin Mims.
On Thursday, Mims said she and her husband Bobbie Marshall were back working at their hair salon, but on Mims’ birthday on Tuesday, she said she wasn’t sure she was going to make it.
“I felt like I couldn’t breathe. My chest started hurting, I was getting hot flashes, my heart was racing, just a whole bunch of stuff. I told my husband that I didn’t feel well,” Mims explained.
She said the entire thing started after leaving her birthday brunch at the Prospect Park Willowbrook location when she noticed a napkin stuffed in her door handle.
“I took it out with my nails and threw it and got in the car. I asked him (my husband) about it and he said he didn’t put a napkin in there,” Mims said.
Despite going back inside to wash her hands, Mims and Marshall believe whatever was on that tissue transferred onto her door handle and into her body.
Despite going back inside to wash her hands, Mims and Marshall believe whatever was on that tissue transferred onto her door handle and into her body.[ad_2]