HOUSTON – A new warning to parents and educators about a potential safety hazard in schools and daycares.
One Houston parent got a call from her child’s school hearing the words no parent ever wants to hear, “there’s blood everywhere.”
Rachel Goodlad was 6-months pregnant in March of 2018 with her second child. Her 2-year-old son, Fitz, was attending daycare around the corner.
“They immediately started saying, ‘I’m so sorry but he’s covered in blood, everyone is covered in blood.’ We need you to come to meet us because we’re heading to the hospital.”
As Rachel recalls that traumatic day, she wasn’t even sure how Fitz got injured because it was clear everyone was also unaware of how it happened at that moment.
“When I was opening the gate for my friends, my fingers got stuck in the gate and then they came off,” recalls Fitz Davis. “It bled so much and then I had to go to the ambulance than to the doctor. Then the doctor had to sew my fingers back together.”
Surveillance video from that day was just released and now Rachel and her husband want to share it to show others the dangers that can come along with certain school gates.
In the video, you can see his teacher unlock the gate outside. That’s when Fitz walks over to the gate to let his friends in. The gate swings open, crushing his fingers in a split second.
In the video, you can see his teacher unlock the gate outside. That’s when Fitz walks over to the gate to let his friends in. The gate swings open, crushing his fingers in a split second.[ad_2]