Wednesday, June 29, 2022
HomeNewsTrial begins Monday for man accused of killing 11-year-old Josue Flores

Trial begins Monday for man accused of killing 11-year-old Josue Flores

0
(0)

HOUSTON – The trial begins Monday for the man accused of killing 11-year-old Josue Flores while he was walking home from school in northeast Houston in May 2016.

Jury selection took place on Thursday in downtown Houston ahead of the trial.

The case has taken several turns over the years.

What happened?

Investigators said the 11-year-old boy was stabbed more than 20 times as he was walking home from Marshall Middle School on May 17, 2016.

Authorities named two suspects, both of whom have since been released. The first was cleared by his alibi.

The second, Andre Jackson, a former Marine, was released in July 2017 after his arrest when investigators said DNA evidence made it impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is responsible for the crime.

But in June 2019, District Attorney Kim Ogg announced that Jackson was indicted in the case. He was arrested for the second time and charged in the case after investigators said they received new test results on DNA evidence in Josue’s murder.

But in June 2019, District Attorney Kim Ogg announced that Jackson was indicted in the case. He was arrested for the second time and charged in the case after investigators said they received new test results on DNA evidence in Josue’s murder.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments