Former President Donald Trump wasted no time in poking fun at CNN after the network shut down his ill-fated and short-lived streaming service, which only had around 150,000 subscribers – likening it to a ” empty desert”.
“Congratulations to CNN+ on their decision to immediately FOLD due to a lack of ratings or viewership in any way,” the 45 said.and president said in a statement Thursday, The Hill reported.
“It was like an empty wasteland there despite spending hundreds of millions of dollars and hiring Chris Wallace, a poorly rated man, a man who tried so hard to be his dad, Mike, but who lacked talent and everything needed to be a star,” Trump continued in his scathing statement against the outlet he has long attacked.
“Anyway, it’s just one more piece of CNN and Fake News we don’t have to worry about anymore!”
The POTUS alum made his remarks shortly after the shocking news that CNN+ would shut down operations less than a month after launch.
An insider estimated that CNN spent $300 million launching and between $100 million and $200 million advertising the service.
Chris Licht, the newly installed CEO of CNN, who replaced the disgraced Jeff Zucker, broke the news to staffers during a Thursday noon meeting in New York City.
Network insiders were horrified to learn that all of the streaming service’s junior employees had been fired. According to sources, the approximately 300 people were offered a six-month severance package as well as initial notices of job opportunities at CNN.
Major CNN+ acquisitions, including ex-Fox News star Wallace and ex-MSNBC reporter Kasie Hunt, are expected to be reallocated within the company or to other platforms in the Warner media empire Bros. Discovery.
New York Post
If you have any query regarding content, please comment below. Thanks